In case you couldn’t possibly come up with something that is as fun as writing (I know I had problems thinking up stuff), I’ve made you a list.
- Binge watching TV shows on Netflix. You know that show you heard of that seemed kind of interesting? The show that had such a compelling story that as soon as the commercial/preview/whatever you saw that promoted it was over you forgot about it. Yes that show. Well it is now on Netflix. All eight seasons ready for you to watch back to back to back to back. Enjoy.
- Reading about writing. It’s so much fun to read about other people’s trials and tribulations when it comes to writing. Oh look they did the same thing you did that didn’t work. See they also struggle with punctuation. Here’s another article about the new way to market your book. Someone else has gotten a six figure book deal. Chuck Wendig posted another amazing blog post and it must be read right now!
- Looking for book covers. Why write when you don’t already have the perfect book cover picked out? You should stop writing right now and find the book cover that will fit your book. There are only a few thousand pre-made book covers out there.
- Playing Facebook games. Have you played Candy Crush? How about Pet Rescue Saga? Farmville? Farmtown? Cafeville? No? Why the hell not?!?
- Red Box. You can rent movies you didn’t bother to see in theaters for a little over a dollar a day. These red boxes are everywhere just begging you to try out a movie. Not comfortable with a certain genre but slightly interested in a movie, try it! You just might like it. Or not.
- Surfing Amazon for stuff to buy when you have money. That’s pretty self explanatory I would think. You see you go to Amazon and you look at all the things you want to buy but can’t afford to right now and then you add them to your completely unmanageable wish list. It’s window shopping from your couch.
- Read a book. Reading is actually research for writing, so it’s alright if you read a book. It’s not procrastination in any way. You’re just learning how to be a better writer by reading. So what if it’s a book in a genre you have no desire to write in, it’s still a learning experience.
- Cleaning. I’m sorry how did this get here? Cleaning sucks. There is no way it’s more fun than writing. Well… no it’s not. There’s no way. If you prefer cleaning to writing than I’m sorry I can’t help you.